Saturday, March 1, 2014

Frozen in Time


Once upon a time, you smiled. I could see the distant rays of sunshine lying in the depth of the most beautiful smile I’ve ever seen. And I’d give anything to see you smile that heartwarming smile of yours, not a broken smile…

I’ve looked into your eyes and I’ve lost myself in them. Like an open book, I stood there in front of you, helpless, defenseless, unable to look away. I lost track of time and place. I felt overwhelmingly fragile, like if you decided to look away I’d fall apart, like your eyes are making me weak but giving me strength…

Until this very moment, I can’t figure out what you do to me and how you do it. I can’t understand what you mean. I only know how much you mean. Although I can’t put it into words, I can only say that life wouldn’t make sense without you, nothing would ever be the same, that everything would be missing something…
The thought of you not being there scares me. I see you in every thought and every perspective, in everything I do and every word I say, like you’re a part of me, and everything in the universe is a part of you.

I wonder how it is possible that someone could be such a vivid truth and such an unsolved mystery at the same time. I lose myself in you, and I find myself in you. You take me off the ground, and you help me stand my ground. You break me, in ways I never knew before, like in good ways, like it’s exactly what I need, and you heal me too. Sometimes I could easily see what you’re thinking, and sometimes I wish I could just know exactly what’s going on in your beautiful mind. Sometimes I wonder what you’re made of, but I believe it’s something so pure, something more precious than diamonds, something so true that you could even doubt it exists. Your words keep me going, even your unspoken words. Sometimes I hear your voice as we sit in that comfortable silence, like a melody, a rhythm that says it all. Your name has an impact on me like no other, it gives meaning to whatever comes after…

Sometimes, I understand you best when you don’t make sense at all. Sometimes I see pain behind your grace and I wish if you would tell me how you feel so that I can just share it with you…
You understand me, you know my flaws, but it’s like you appreciate them. You just let me be, and with all our differences, somehow we’re still the same…

And no matter what may change in us, still what we share remains, because we love it, because it’s the only thing that works when we are inconsolable...
Having you there by my side is something beyond choice. And you staying forever in this place with no one to ever replace you is something beyond question.
I’d do anything to make sure you never doubt this, that you never stop being who you are, and that you never forget who you are…

It all started with a smile…
It all started when your eyes met mine…
And you got me frozen in time…

No comments:

Post a Comment